for the City of
WORK & FAMILY
LIVING IN AC
You are here
Atlantic City Departments
Planning & Land Use
1301 Bacharach Blvd, Room 508
Atlantic City, NJ 08401
The Planning Division, sometimes referred to as the Land Use Division, is charged with maintaining the integrity of the City’s Land Use Ordinance which contains all zoning provisions.
Director Currently Vacant
No bio provided, please check back later
Active Division Documents
Storm Mitigation Plan
Certificate of Land Use Compliance
Schedule of Permitted Uses
Master Plan for City of Atlantic City - Sept 2008
Planning Board Application Packet
Planning Board Application Form
- Reviews applications pertaining to land use issues and is responsible for enforcing the city's zoning regulations. The staff acts as support for both the City Planning Board and the Zoning Board of Adjustment. The Division also assists in the development of city-owned parcels and develops and reviews Requests For Proposals (RFPs) and Requests For Qualifications (RFQs) related to the development of city parcels and periodic updates of the City's Master Plan.
- Develops parks and open space throughout the city by maintaining an Open Space inventory and applying for Green Acres and other grants that promote the acquisition and preservation of open space.
- Supervises the development of the City Master Plan and its use as a guide for the orderly development of Atlantic City.
- Interacts with other government agencies to develop a collaborative approach to addressing planning, zoning and other land use issues.
- Interacts with development interests to provide for smart growth development that will promote the city’s economic vitality and enhance the quality of life.
- Solicits input from community groups and organizations regarding planning issues to address community and neighborhood concerns and to work toward achieving understanding and consensus regarding land use, open space and housing plans.
- Provides public information services on behalf of the City of Atlantic City through its Office of Public Information. These services include the production of newsletters, an annual developers’ package, a development matrix, press releases, photography, slide shows, video production and production of other graphic and written materials. These services are extended by the Planning Division to all other governmental agencies of the City of Atlantic City.
State Tax Info
County Tax Info
No current website links are available from this division
City of Atlantic City
1301 Bacharach Blvd
Atlantic City, NJ 08401
For information desk
Maintained by City of Atlantic City